Glazed Terra Cotta Tagine
ONLY AT SLT Make a variety of Moroccan meals with this handsome tagine. Once used by nomads as portable ovens for cooking over a fire, they work beautifully in modern kitchens as well. The unique shape of the tagine allows moisture to condense on the conical lid and drip back down into the ingredients, keeping them wonderfully moist and tender. Low, indirect heat slowly simmers food for rich complex flavors. Even tough cuts of meat will be transformed into exceptionally tender, delicious dishes. Plus, this tagine doubles as a beautiful serving dish.
- Oven safe up to 400°F
- Safe for stovetop when used with a diffuser
- Crafted of terracotta with a natural finish
- Manufacturer: Sur La Table
- Material: Terra Cotta
- Dimensions: 8.5" diameter x base 2.5" H, base and lid 6.5" H; 12.5" diameter x base 4" H, base and lid 9.5" H
- Capacity: 8.5": 0.75 qt.; 12.5": 2.25 qt.
- Weight: 8.5": 2 lb. 15oz.; 12.5": 7 lb. 11oz.
- Made in Portugal
- Before first use soak in water for one hour, rub inside of base and lid with olive oil, put in cold oven, set temperature to 300°F and leave for 2 hours. Allow to cool completely
- Hand-wash only when cool
- One 12.5" tagine