Miyabi Hibana Utility Knife, 6"
Free day delivery plus 24 hours of processing time. Details
Please allow up to 24 hours of processing time during business hours.
The culmination of a 10-year partnership between Miyabi and Sur La Table, the exclusive Hibana collection features original blade and bolster design combined with a gorgeous 49-layer Damascus pattern on the blades called “Spark” (The English translation of Hibana) that both strengthens and protects. Handles are triple-riveted and have curved, ergonomic bolsters for the utmost comfort using the pinch grip technique preferred by professional chefs—more so than most Japanese knives on the market. Sleek black and brass spacers on the handle add to the beauty of the knives and add a slight heaviness that promotes sturdiness in hand and maneuverability at the tip. Perfect for everything from peeling citrus to slicing shallots, this does-it-all utility knife packs incredible versatility into a compact, easy-to-handle package. With greater knuckle clearance than most knives, this utility knife is ideal for chopping—making it a wise alternative to the 5.5" or 7" Santoku.
- Forty-nine layers of stainless steel Damascus provide added strength and protection.
- Core of FC61 fine carbide with a Rockwell hardness of 61 which gives excellent edge retention and durability
- FRIODURx2 hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and durability
- Ergonomic, curved bolster for comfort and easy use of professional pinch-grip technique
- Hand sharpened using 3-step Honbazuke process
- Brass spacers add weight and style to the triple-riveted handle
- Greater knuckle clearance allows for easy chopping
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Material: FC61 fine carbide stainless steel, polymer and brass
- Dimensions: 6" blade; 11" overall length
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Hand wash only
- Utility knife